Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:05:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Michael Nielsen
<mike at thetroubleshooters.dk> wrote:

> Personally I just don't use those features, what I'm trying to do here is to
> get people to
> think about what is happening, because, I can see a lot of feature forking
> in the system,
> which will make the system extremely confusing for people to start using
> Linux.
>
> All that is really needed is to mount things properly, and logically.  eg
> /home/mike/mnt1
> instead of /home/mike/.gvfs/blablah..  which is a hidden file.

What did we have before ?
Either you mount stuff via gnome-vfs which is ONLY accessable via
gnome-vfs using apps or you mounted the stuff by hand (terminal) or
via fstab (which still works and is fully supported).

Now you can mount stuff via gvfs (which any app can access it) + it is
integrated into the gui tools or you mount it via fstab or by hand
(terminal).

So what did change? We improved the GUI integrated part to work with
every app without having it to be aware of it *without* changing the
way that always worked.

How is this wrong?