Re: Breaking deps deliberately

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

Sounds like a sensible guideline?

and I think we need to ask if your provenpackager  status should be
re-evaluated.

For what?  Breaking a non-existant guideline in order to help people
who kept asking me for Fedora 10 support for libguestfs?  Maybe we
should 'discipline' people for breaking other unwritten rules too,
such as adding packages to Fedora when sitting in bed or not correctly
dressed.

I think it is implicit within the definition of 'provenpackager' that you understand the basic rules of how the system works.

You couldn't be a 'provenphysicist' for example without understanding the laws of thermodynamics.

-sv