Re: Breaking deps deliberately

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

At least the laws of thermodynamics are written down ...

It seriously was not obvious to me that a broken dependency in some
out-of-the-way package, in an older version of Fedora, that I added to
*help Fedora users*, would be a problem.

Someone could easily do the same thing in future.  If broken
dependencies are so unacceptable, then it should be added to the
packaging guidelines.

I really don't care. Not breaking deps is common sense. And if you are in provenpackager and do NOT have that common sense, then I don't think you are a provenpackager.

let me make this clear so there is no confusion:

INTENTIONALLY BREAKING DEPENDENCIES IS NOT ALLOWED.

I'll be bringing your provenpackager status up for the next fesco meeting.

-sv