Breaking deps deliberately

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 13 14:36:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> At least the laws of thermodynamics are written down ...
>
> It seriously was not obvious to me that a broken dependency in some
> out-of-the-way package, in an older version of Fedora, that I added to
> *help Fedora users*, would be a problem.
>
> Someone could easily do the same thing in future.  If broken
> dependencies are so unacceptable, then it should be added to the
> packaging guidelines.

I really don't care. Not breaking deps is common sense. And if you are in
provenpackager and do NOT have that common sense, then I don't think you
are a provenpackager.

let me make this clear so there is no confusion:

INTENTIONALLY BREAKING DEPENDENCIES IS NOT ALLOWED.

I'll be bringing your provenpackager status up for the next fesco meeting.

-sv