Re: Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Nathan Grennan wrote:
   I understand, but on the other hand does Fedora want a dozen bug
reports over Thunderbird being useless, because of a crappy default?

The problem is that Fedora can't change anything in Thunderbird (nor
Firefox) without upstream buy-in because the maintainer refuses to rename
the programs and thus we're bound by Mozilla's strict (and IMHO completely
unreasonable and unacceptable in the Free Software world) trademark policy.

What's to stop someone ITP'ing* icecat? Get it in the repo, and go from there. If you can't work /with/ the maintainer(s), work around them.

(* Intent To Package. Yeah, I'm borrowing Cygwin terminology, sorry. Not sure what the equivalent in Fedora slang would be.)

--
Matthew
"So long, and thanks for all the fish" -- the dolphins (from Douglas Adams' HHGttG)