Re: Breaking deps deliberately

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM, drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
>> + it wont solve anything anway .. if the a dep is broken yum will
>> abort the whole transaction not only for the repo with the broken
>> deps.
>
> Good point, though this one is solvable client-side.  In the current
> desktop experience you choose whether to install just security or
> everything every time.  We could make that setting default to
> persistent, so that people who choose to do only security will have
> their yum configuration changed to disable updates-all.

The basics of that can work but not unless there's serverside changes as
well.  If the security update needs something from the updates-all repo
then the updates-all repo will need to be enabled client-side.  To do
what you want sanely and disable the updates-all repo, bodhi would need
to grow the ability to recursively pull deps from the updates repo into
the security repo (in addition to merely tossing out packages that have
unsatisfied deps).

-Toshio