Re: Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
What's to stop someone ITP'ing* icecat? Get it in the repo, and go from there. If you can't work /with/ the maintainer(s), work around them.

Then we'd have 2 packages with the same software,

So? glibc and eglibc? :-) (I was actually thinking that this situation sounds rather similar to that...)

and then there's also the problem of xulrunner being locked down as
well (and that's a library used by a lot of stuff).

Why is xulrunner locked down? If it uses Mozilla trademarks, presumably they can be removed (I'd guess they'd have to be to build icecat, so I assume this is possible). If it needs to change, ITP/SFR an opened version at the same time as icecat. If it can be used as-is, we could start with icecat and wait for that to gain some traction, thus taking on the stack on one part at a time. Maybe we get lucky and success of icecat convinces the xulrunner maintainer to open things up.

--
Matthew
"So long, and thanks for all the fish" -- the dolphins (from Douglas Adams' HHGttG)