Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed May 13 21:00:44 UTC 2009

nodata (lsof at nodata.co.uk) said:
> > If you were interested in writing one I think that would be most welcome
> > and responded to warmly.
>
> Last time I asked, I was told that no such cli interface existed, and
> that it was planned. I have no real life experience of using this tool,
> nor how it fits into the big picture. I too would welcome an article,
> but I'm not the right person to write it.

There is currently cnetworkmanager, written by an OpenSUSE developer.
However, it's python, and therefore may not be suitable for *all*
command-line/console-based usage (specifically, I'd love ifup/ifdown
to be able to kick NM if it's running to DTRT, but I don't intend to
require python to do so). I suspect a C/C++ version will be
written if someone has the time/inclination.

Bill