Database SIG?

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed May 13 21:05:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 16:50 -0400, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Would anyone else be interested in a database special-interest-group
> > within Fedora?  I don't see one at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs
>
> Sure... I'll bite.  I don't have as much free time as I'd like these
> days, but I'm a database nut, and would be happy to learn more and
> help others learn more as well.

Awesome!  I'm in a similar position.

I spent some time yesterday trying to gather a list of all Free database
software (where "database" is only loosely defined), by going through
bugzilla, and doing web searches.  Current list (very raw) is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dmalcolm/DatabaseSoftware
(Many of the review requests seem to have successfully completed)

Did I miss anything?  If anyone is feeling energetic, feel free to hack
on that list and improve it.  The classifications are rather arbitrary
(and wrong in places)

Dave