Re: Breaking deps deliberately

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:

> However you're going to have to help me out here, because I can't find
> any FESCo "policy pages" except for one about elections and other
> about package maintainers.  I'm quite probably looking in entirely the

I'll admit (and take the blame for the fact) that FESCo has been
particularly bad in the past about writing down policy that we've
enacted (which is not much).  For example, I need to write a new page
on how to rename a package.  But the "no broken deps" rule already
exists in the release criteria[1].  If perhaps a link to them from
somewhere else on the wiki is appropriate, that doesn't cost us
anything obviously, though I'd be most interested in where you'd like
to see it linked from.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria#Package_Sanity