Re: Where to post an experimental package? (java-1.7.0-openjdk)

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 10:42 -0400, Lillian Angel wrote:
On May 21, Sun plans on releasing a preview of JDK7[1]. We (the OpenJDK team) would like to create a java-1.7.0-openjdk package for experimental and testing purposes. A few options were we create the fedora rpms and submit them to rpmfusion (or similar), host them on a my personal fedora page, or get the package into Fedora.

I am wondering what some other acceptable options are. I am not keen on getting this package pushed into Fedora since java-1.6.0-openjdk already exists, and jdk7 will not be stable until sometime after Feb 2010[1].

Suggestions?

How many packages will this consist of, and will there be
interdependencies (IE will you need to use one of these new packages to
build another new package)?

6 or 7 packages in total. No interdependencies.

By far the easiest route is to do a scratch build of the package in
question, gather the resulting rpms and put them in a repo on your
fedorapeople page.

Thanks, I think that is what we will do.

Cheers,
Lillian