Re: Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 23:02:50 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:

> Er, it did? I'm still using ifconfig and route. They appear to work. :)
> The joys of backwards compatibility!

ip is more powerful. I believe it allows you to set up things on an interface
easily that need at least using aliases for ifconfig and in some cases might
not be doable. They aren't things you normally want to do though.