Package Maintainers Flags policy

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon May 18 17:18:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 09:09 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> In FESCo's 2009-03-28 meeting a policy on Flag usage for packages in
> Fedora was approved.
>
> Due to an oversight, this policy was not announced here. ;(
>
> Please see:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Maintainers_Flags_Policy
>
> and direct any comments to FESCo in a ticket or via the devel list.
>
> Thanks, and sorry for the oversight. ;(

This should explain the reason why country flags shouldn't show up in
interfaces:
http://community.livejournal.com/xkbconfig/982.html

(I didn't even read the policy, but I guess it's the same one we had
arguments over in GNOME 6 years ago, and a bit before that in RH
itself).

It could cause problems in Europe, in Asia, and in North America (and
that's just on top of my head).

Cheers