Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Denis Leroy wrote:

On 05/18/2009 07:32 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bastien Nocera wrote:
And FYI, the current policy doesn't ban flags entirely, but they have to be
in a -flags package which is not installed by default

That's about the same as banning them. What percentage of users do you think will install them, let alone be aware they exist ? I understand the reasoning behind this policy, but overall this seems like a gross overreaction. We have a vast international community here, why not let this community write up a black-list of sensitive flags to avoid, rather than ban'em all ?

B/c the members from Ihaterandomstan and the folks from randomstan will never come to consensus short of involving the UN or possibly Jimmy Carter.

-sv