Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> It shall be noted that many users complained about flags being removed
> (they expect the keyboard layout chooser to use them), and the current
> solution where -flags is optional and not installed by default isn't very
> helpful either (but better than not having them at all).

To me it would seem more reasonable to install the flags by default. Then the
anti-whatever extremists could just remove them, and the more relaxed among
us would see the user interface the way the authors intended without jumping
through additional hoops.

To make it easy to remove all flags there could be a ban-flags package that
would conflict with all the -flags subpackages.

Björn Persson