Package Maintainers Flags policy

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon May 18 21:50:35 UTC 2009

On Mo Mai 18 2009, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> In FESCo's 2009-03-28 meeting a policy on Flag usage for packages in
> Fedora was approved.
>
> Due to an oversight, this policy was not announced here. ;(

Why is this a policy and not some packaging guideline. It clearly contains
packaging instructions:

| flag images must be placed in an -flags subpackage. The -flags subpackage
| cannot be Required by the main package.

Also this is something that should probably be checked at review time, which
also makes it better suited in the review guidelines.

Additionally the visibility of this page is pretty low, it is not linked from
any other page. There is only a redirection from probably Tom Callaways
proposal page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Package_Maintainers_Flags_Policy

And I agree that the title of the page is badly chosen, because it is not
about flags regarding package maintainers. I also assumed some boolean flag,
e.g. like the CVS request flag in bugzilla.

Regards
Till