Package Maintainers Flags policy

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 08:31:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:28, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 18:18 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>>> It could cause problems in Europe, in Asia, and in North America (and
>>> that's just on top of my head).
>>
>> And the Middle East.

I really can't see how this can be a problem at all... :-/

Doesn't the UN maintain a list of officially recognized countries ? If
so, we can just use those, and if someone complains, it's not a Fedora
issue but a UN issue. Any trouble with countries recognized in Fedora
will have to be raised to the UN.

This way, we rely on an official organization, we can use pretty
flags, and everyone is happy (or has to be, I mean, are there some
countries who don't recognize the authority of UN ?)