Re: Ongoing mass rebuild on s390x

Am 19.05.2009 15:58, schrieb Jerry James:
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Karsten Hopp <karsten redhat com> wrote:

AFAIK there's a cron script which needs to run on the koji hub to run those
builds on the
secondary archs. This isn't enabled yet as there are still quite a few
packages missing and
we'd get too many failures caused by unresolved dependencies.
But the plan is to enable this as soon as possible.

How about debugging facilities?  The C part of GCL is compiling
successfully, but then it crashes while trying to process the Lisp
part.  Is there a box I can log into remotely so I can use gdb on the
thing to see what's going on?

Unfortunately not, but that's similar to the other archs.
If you don' t have p.e. a ppc machine at home you'll have difficulties
fixing a ppc related crash. Atm you'll have to do some nasty tricks
to get the information you need such as running gdb from the spec file ;-(
Well, there's a S390 emulator in F-11 called hercules, but as we don't have
bootable images yet, this won't work.

    Karsten