Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 15:52 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Seth, I think we all agree to that. There is a list of <flag,context>
> pairs that causes problems :-). To be more accurate, there is a
> well-known very short list of <flag,context> pairs that Fedora cannot
> ship with legally. The point is: the policy is way overreaching. This
> would be better dealt with on a case-by-case basis, only when we know
> for a *fact* we cannot ship Fedora with a specific flag. A flag that has
> no legal issues but may offend someone is not a good enough reason, it
> becomes an upstream project issue rather than a Fedora issue.

When you single out the flags to remove, you are in fact siding with the
people that take offense to those flags, eg China.  I certainly don't
want the Fedora project to appear to be taking sides with China in their
Tibet issues.  The only way to be fair, is if we're going to remove one
flag, we remove them all.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!