Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On 18.5.2009 23:50, Till Maas wrote:
On Mo Mai 18 2009, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
In FESCo's 2009-03-28 meeting a policy on Flag usage for packages in
Fedora was approved.

Due to an oversight, this policy was not announced here. ;(

Why is this a policy and not some packaging guideline. It clearly contains
packaging instructions:

| flag images must be placed in an -flags subpackage. The -flags subpackage
| cannot be Required by the main package.

Also this is something that should probably be checked at review time, which
also makes it better suited in the review guidelines.

Additionally the visibility of this page is pretty low, it is not linked from
any other page. There is only a redirection from probably Tom Callaways
proposal page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Package_Maintainers_Flags_Policy

Yes, this was the reason why I brought this up on #fedora-devel (and I'm sorry that it led to such a flame) to spot as I was not even sure whether it is still a proposal or already approved policy.

Please turn this discussion back to two questions:

1) What should be the page name?

2) Where should it be moved to and from what pages linked so that people do not miss it?

Thanks,
Milos