Package Maintainers Flags policy

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Tue May 19 16:39:29 UTC 2009

On 18.5.2009 23:50, Till Maas wrote:
> On Mo Mai 18 2009, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> In FESCo's 2009-03-28 meeting a policy on Flag usage for packages in
>> Fedora was approved.
>>
>> Due to an oversight, this policy was not announced here. ;(
>
> Why is this a policy and not some packaging guideline. It clearly contains
> packaging instructions:
>
> | flag images must be placed in an -flags subpackage. The -flags subpackage
> | cannot be Required by the main package.
>
> Also this is something that should probably be checked at review time, which
> also makes it better suited in the review guidelines.
>
> Additionally the visibility of this page is pretty low, it is not linked from
> any other page. There is only a redirection from probably Tom Callaways
> proposal page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Package_Maintainers_Flags_Policy

Yes, this was the reason why I brought this up on #fedora-devel (and I'm
sorry that it led to such a flame) to spot as I was not even sure
whether it is still a proposal or already approved policy.

Please turn this discussion back to two questions:

1) What should be the page name?

2) Where should it be moved to and from what pages linked so that people
do not miss it?

Thanks,
Milos