Package Maintainers Flags policy

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 16:44:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Denis Leroy wrote:

> On 05/19/2009 06:28 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
>> If we end up needing yum plugin of some kind to handle this can I call
>> it the free-randomstan plugin?
>
> I am sure people from countries with a "stan" suffix find your example classy
> and in good taste. Congratulations.

I'm happy with randomstan, randomville, randomburg, randomton, etc, etc

  The suffix -stān (spelled ـستان in the Perso-Arabic script) is Persian
for "place of", derived from the Indo-Aryan equivalent, -sthāna ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-stan

I didn't mean it to point out any region of the world, only to denote
'place of'.

-sv