Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Seth Vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
* If a program is needed for the main spin but Provides:
Politics(flags), someone must do the work to move the flags into a
subpackage that Provides the flags and patch the program to make
existence of the flags optional.  As noted above, that subpackage
cannot be Required from the package that is on the main spin.

If we end up needing  yum plugin of some kind to handle this can I call
it the free-randomstan plugin?

We don't have a yum-patents plugin, or Provides(patents). Why are we
going to such lengths here?

How would we have a Provides(patents) on pkgs in fedora? If the pkgs had patent issues we couldn't ship them at all, could we?

-sv