Package Maintainers Flags policy

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 17:44:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

>> I'd like to see a show of hands of people who are surprised.
>
> Actually, I am totally amazed that such a thing as a flag in a
> software can cause so many troubles.
>
> Call me naive, maybe I live in a parallel world populated only with
> Care Bears, but I really would never have imagined that people could
> boycott a product because it includes a reference to a place in the
> world that they do not recognized.
>
> So, here is me raising my hand.
>
> Anyway, I don't want to add anything more to the flames, I really do
> not care about this issue and I'll be happy to apply the policy
> (actually, I'm not sure I already saw a flag in Fedora :)

>From what I can gather from google you live in France.

Here is a list of the current French territorial disputes:

Madagascar claims the French territories of Bassas da India, Europa
Island, Glorioso Islands, and Juan de Nova Island; Comoros claims Mayotte;
Mauritius claims Tromelin Island; territorial dispute between Suriname and
the French overseas department of French Guiana; France asserts a
territorial claim in Antarctica (Adelie Land); France and Vanuatu claim
Matthew and Hunter Islands, east of New Caledonia

hope that helps.
-sv