Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

I'd like to see a show of hands of people who are surprised.

Actually, I am totally amazed that such a thing as a flag in a
software can cause so many troubles.

Call me naive, maybe I live in a parallel world populated only with
Care Bears, but I really would never have imagined that people could
boycott a product because it includes a reference to a place in the
world that they do not recognized.

So, here is me raising my hand.

Anyway, I don't want to add anything more to the flames, I really do
not care about this issue and I'll be happy to apply the policy
(actually, I'm not sure I already saw a flag in Fedora :)

From what I can gather from google you live in France.

Here is a list of the current French territorial disputes:

Madagascar claims the French territories of Bassas da India, Europa Island, Glorioso Islands, and Juan de Nova Island; Comoros claims Mayotte; Mauritius claims Tromelin Island; territorial dispute between Suriname and the French overseas department of French Guiana; France asserts a territorial claim in Antarctica (Adelie Land); France and Vanuatu claim Matthew and Hunter Islands, east of New Caledonia

hope that helps.
-sv