Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Seth Vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
If we end up needing  yum plugin of some kind to handle this can I call
it the free-randomstan plugin?

We don't have a yum-patents plugin, or Provides(patents). Why are we
going to such lengths here?

How would we have a Provides(patents) on pkgs in fedora? If the pkgs had
patent issues we couldn't ship them at all, could we?

What I'm saying is that in the amount of tossing around of ideas in this
thread, and the amount of work that would be required to sanely implement
this (and explain it in a way that makes sense to the users) we could
have fixed 99.9% of the packages to not ship flags about 5 times over.

I thought this thread was about explaining it in a way that our developers understand it.

I'm sorry you feel your time has been wasted.
-sv