Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On 05/19/2009 12:55 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 12:27 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
As far as I can see, these are the differences from the current
policy:

There is an easier option 3, which is no flags in Fedora period,
regardless of what spin.  Far easier to implement.

That's easier for releng but just as hard for the packager.

If you want something that's truly easier, then I propose, "flags are just another piece of data provided by upstream unless US law makes us care."

-Toshio