Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On 05/19/2009 10:37 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Ewan Mac Mahon (ewan macmahon me uk) said:
This sort of decision is always going to be a balance; on the one hand
there are clearly real costs to Fedora in having a blanket ban on flags,
and on the other we have (according to spot[1]) "no specific legal issue
at this time".

They specifically stated that it may/will prevent Fedora from being
available or acceptable in some countries. That's not insignificant.

That's a pretty vague sentence. Do we have something more specific to work with, to justify this whole fiasco ? Have people complained ? Were threats made ? Bugzilla tickets filed ? Did the PRC threaten to add fedoraproject.org to the big firewall if we don't stop shipping FreeCIV immediately (a CeasePackage-and-desist letter :-) ) ?