Re: In which country should Fedora be legal?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
>> As a side note, it is not neutral at all to remove all the flags from
>> fedora, it favors countries where flags can be illegal.
>
> Given that I'm fairly sure there are zero countries on the planet
> where flags *cannot* be made illegal by some act of the populace
> or government, that's a specious argument.

There is a lot of wrong headed flag usage out there in any case. For
example, flags should never be used to identify languages. At best any
effort to do so is going to be inaccurate. At worst the result is
offensive to some people and illegal in some places. … yet there is a
lot of free software that conflates flags and languages.