Package Maintainers Flags policy

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Wed May 20 07:07:50 UTC 2009

On 05/20/2009 12:10 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:48 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> RHEL has to do that even with this policy.  The policy doesn't ban
>> flags.  It doesn't even banish them to subpackages in all cases.
>
> Right.  In case it wasn't obvious, I don't like the proposed policy.
> I'd much rather we went all the way and just disallowed flags, much like
> gnome.

Gnome is an upstream project, while Fedora is not. So this "simple"
solution of yours is a mandated deviation from upstream, something that
is not very Fedora-like to start with, simply based on an irrational
fear of flags and on a single bugzilla complaint. If this is not an
absurd overreaction, I don't know what is.