Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On 05/20/2009 12:10 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:48 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
RHEL has to do that even with this policy.  The policy doesn't ban
flags.  It doesn't even banish them to subpackages in all cases.

Right.  In case it wasn't obvious, I don't like the proposed policy.
I'd much rather we went all the way and just disallowed flags, much like
gnome.

Gnome is an upstream project, while Fedora is not. So this "simple" solution of yours is a mandated deviation from upstream, something that is not very Fedora-like to start with, simply based on an irrational fear of flags and on a single bugzilla complaint. If this is not an absurd overreaction, I don't know what is.