Package Maintainers Flags policy

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed May 20 20:19:55 UTC 2009

On 05/20/2009 12:57 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Another issue is that there are many people whom I totally agreed with on
> some issues but totally disagreed with on some others in the past.

This one is actually a feature of republican forms of government.
Debating why that is is likely off-topic for Fedora devel.  However,
dealing with it is:

No one who is elected by multiple people can represent all of the people
who voted for them all of the time.  So the voter has to make a decision:

1) Do you want someone who does what the majority of people think is right?
2) Do you want someone whose judgement you think is sound?
3) Do you want someone who holds the same fundamental values as you do?
4) Do you want someone that you, personally, have influence with?

So, to prepare for the next election, it would be good to get some
questions posted that speak to the core values that the people hold and
to see whether, when they disagree with you, they are doing so with
rational arguments that you can understand even if you don't agree with
them.

-Toshio