Re: Youth Protection: Was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 05/20/2009 01:24 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Well, I am sure, FESCO will now will initiate the necessary measures to
initiate the "youth protection" certification processes, whose absence
so far legally threads Fedora vendors/distributors from different
countries around the globe?

We actually have this pretty well covered wrt to US laws. :)

We are talking about the "national laws" threating users/vendors/re-distributors in a particular country.

Wrt. "youth protection", US laws are widely irrelevant. It's similar to US "alcohol/tobacco/drug laws", "weapon laws", "medication laws", "car part regulations". At least in my country (Germany), they are widely irrelevant.

Relevant wrt. "youth protection" on SW in Germany are computer games. Very oversimplified, in general, it's illegal in Germany to make "non-USK-certified/rated" computer games available to people below certain age, rsp. in some cases, to distribute them at all.

Ralf