Package Maintainers Flags policy

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:43:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 05:12:17AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
>
>> Expecting things to change without having actual candidates pushing for that
>> change is a bit absurd.
> Well, telling "your representative" that you are dissatisfied with him
> and that he should do better next time is of no use?

No, that certainly is of use.  And representatives should listen to feedback
on individual issues.

However, if one is dissatisfied with the elected body overall, then changing
the composition of that body through newly elected candidates seems to be the
only way to possibly change that.

Forgive me for picking your particular email to reply to, but a number of
people have expressed that they feel this is 'the worst FESCo in a long time'
and I'm just trying to point out that FESCo is simply composed of people that
cared enough to run for election.

BTW, personaly I disagree with the 'worst FESCo' statement and not because I'm
on FESCo.  There have just been a number of issues this term that actually
require FESCo to do something other than approve Features and Sponsors.  It's
been interesting, but overall there has really only been the flags item that
really needs revisiting.

josh