Re: Abrt - should this be a feature?

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc redhat com> wrote:
>> Because if the crash is handled by bb abrt won't detect it at all. It's the
>> same for applications which have their own crash handlers (like pidgin).
>
> We can disable bug-buddy very easily (trivially) if ABRT is ready (is
> it?).  An important concern is having a story to tell the GNOME
> project for how we're going to be providing them with bug data.  If
> ABRT's server side component had say a filtered list of crashes in
> GNOME projects, or some automated way for developers to get at that
> data that'd be useful.

ABRT can catch all bugs, which bb can. It is ready in this point of view. But
right now there is no way how to filter out gnome or kde stuff and report it to
their bz. if ABRT detect a problem and an user wants to report it, the report
can go either to our bz or it is just logged or whatever (it depends on
configuration).

--
Zdenek Prikryl <zprikryl redhat com>