Re: I must be doing something seriously wrong...

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 08:46 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> The original question was about advertising to the users.  So how do
> we
> advertise -docs packages to users, and why isn't that sufficient for
> -flags?

Do we ?

I'm aware of -docs package because I'm involved enough in the project
and know how to use yum or how to find information. However, I have
never seen (or very little) advertisement around -docs package.
Actually I think the only case that comes in my mind are tutorials and
documentation where is written yum install apache-docs to install apache
(that way the -docs package brings the normal one).

Maybe packageKit pointing out / highlighting package that have
subpackage (such as -docs or -flags) might help this advertisement.

Best regards,

Pierre