Re: FESCo election nominations now open

Jon Stanley said the following on 05/20/2009 09:33 PM Pacific Time:
Election season is here again in Fedora!  Nominations are now open for
the five open seats on FESCo.  The following members have terms
expiring this cycle:

* Kevin Fenzi
* Dennis Gilmore
* Bill Nottingham
* Brian Pepple
* David Woodhouse

Any interested Fedora packager may run for FESCo, the only requirement
is membership in the 'packager' group in FAS.  Especially noteworthy
is that 'provenpackager' or sponsor status is not required - this
keeps the bar low for new members.

Is this a new requirement--being a "Fedora packager"--and if so where is it documented? I can see the logic, but I do not recall seeing this requirement in the past.

John