Re: FESCo election nominations now open

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 09:08:58PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>On 05/21/2009 08:58 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 20:45 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> IMO, it made sense only during the time when it was a steering committee
>>> for the Fedora Extras repository. Now FESCo duties are broad and I don't
>>> see why someone only involved with artwork, L10N or documentation but
>>> not packaging shouldn't be a leader.
>>
>> That would make sense if they were making decisions and guidance over
>> those groups, only I don't think they are.
>
>FESCo has grown from being a group concerned only about packages in a
>add-on repository into something much larger. FESCo is responsible for
>all technical decisions in Fedora including those that affect these groups.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but what technical decisions effect artwork
or translations or the management of documentation?

I cannot remember ever dealing with anything involving artwork in my entire
tenure in FESCo.  Documentation is impacted from a content point of view, but
they have their own committee and aside from the Feature stuff FESCo doesn't
really have any direct impact on them.  Similarly for translation.

josh