FESCo election nominations now open

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:47:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:10:09PM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
>> Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but what technical decisions effect
>> artwork
>> or translations or the management of documentation?
>
> Since when does FESCo limit itself to technical decisions?  FESCo makes
> decisions on policy, features, schedules, OK, maybe the occasional

Aside from the flags discussion, most of the policies FESCo deal with the
technical aspects of Fedora.  Schedules are primarily driven by John and
rel-eng.  FESCo just approves them.  Why, I have no idea.

> technical decision sneaks in there.  One could argue that Docs, being on
> the tail end of that train, gets whipped around by those decisions more
> than anyone. (Obviously a personal perspective, maybe L10N is even
> worse).

>From a content point of view, yes.  But FESCo doesn't dictate anything about
your schedule, how you do documentation, what you document, etc.

> Even so, I guess I'm a fan of having those decisions made by folks with a
> strong technical background, so I don't have a problem with the
> requirement. But let's not labor under the illusion that FESCo's
> decisions are solely technical.

I'm not sure I would say they are soley technical.  But they are most certainly
technically oriented for the vast majority of items.

josh