FESCo election nominations now open

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:06:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:08:02PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
>>I think it is also fair to reflect on the composition of the
>>electorate and whether FAS+1 really makes sense for FESCo elections.
>
> Honestly, if we want to open up the candidate pool to the same thing as the
> voting pool that is fine with me.  If you think it's important enough, you
> could certainly file a ticket with FESCo and we can discuss it.

I would just as likely think the voting pool should be constricted to
be aligned with the candidate pool. Without thoughtful deliberation
and some understanding of the reasoning behind its current structure
it just seems rather arbitrary to me. And I'm sure there was plenty of
thoughtful deliberation at the time, but I'm unaware of what it was.

Whatever election system works for FESCo that results in a good
committee that is capable of moving the Fedora Project ahead is really
fine with me personally.

John