Youth Protection: Was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu May 21 18:55:33 UTC 2009

On 05/21/2009 12:58 AM, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Do we really want to start excluding content just because it's illegal
> in some other jurisdiction?  This seems.... slippery.

In fact, this was not the intention behind the flags proposal, rather that:

* Use of Flags in Fedora has a history of causing controversy between
groups (political, rather than legal)
* Use of Flags in Fedora may prevent Fedora from being available in some
areas (again, political rather than legal)

If FESCo decides that they are okay with Fedora including all sorts of
flags, there is no legal reason for that decision to be overturned.

~spot, with his Fedora Legal hat on