I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 21 19:33:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I don't think they're missing the point, as they raise valid problems
> with your categorization. I don't agree with your 'Benefit', for the
> following reasons:
>
> 1: a lot of that 1/6th of the world's population does not own a
> computer. Or an internet connection. (Or, in many cases, a reliable
> electricity supply). Let's not have any illusions about China: it
> contains a huge amount of people, but a rather smaller amount of
> possible potential Fedora users.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/145108/china_tops_us_for_internet_population_lead.html

228million people in china with internet access.

That's 2/3rd the population of the United states and 8million more
internet accessing people than the US.

Let's not underestimate this market, shall we?
-sv