Orphaning python-cjson

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 22 05:21:40 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I'm orphaning python-cjson as I don't use it for anything.  This is a
python module that has a few simple functions for reading and  writing
json serialized data.  In python-2.6 and above, python has a stdlibrary
module for doing that based on python-simplejson.  In python before
python-2.6, this is one of several competing modules for working with json.

sugar-datastore looks like it's the only package in Fedora that uses it.

If you have a program that depends on python-cjson but you'd rather port
to python-simplejson/the python module in python-2.6's stdlibrary it's
usually fairly easy to switch.  cjson has two methods, one for
serializing an object into a string and one for parsing the string into
an object.  The equivalents in simplejson are:

cjson         simplejson
decode()      loads()
encode()      dumps()

-Toshio