Re: Abrt - should this be a feature?

Matej Cepl wrote:
Colin Walters, Thu, 21 May 2009 10:35:39 -0400:
I'm reading the architecture page now, but I'm not seeing how ABRT works
in this respect.  Does ABRT have a "retracer" server component like
Apport/Breakpad, or does it somehow ensure -debuginfo gets installed on
the client?  Or does it rely on a modified gdb to just-in-time fetch the
data from an ABRT web service?  Something else?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DebuginfoFS it slipped to Fedora 12 but when it is ready, it should take of debuginfo, right?

Matej

Yes, that is the intention, but for now we simply use debuginfo-install, which really far from optimal solution :-/ If some has better idea how to get usefull BT without installing the debuginfo packages it'll be more than welcome...

Jirka
begin:vcard
fn:Jiri Moskovcak
n:Moskovcak;Jiri