I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri May 22 19:19:17 UTC 2009

Paul Wouters (paul at xelerance.com) said:
>> I am not removing any choice from *you*. You are free to reference
>> it as you see fit.
>
> But your crippling my tools.

What tool is being crippled without flags? I'm interested to hear
what we have that's using them in a good way.

>>> /usr/lib64/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/template/wizard/bitmap/taiwan.gif
>>> /usr/share/texmf/omega/otp/otibet/tibadjusttsheg.otp
>>> /usr/lib64/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-tibetan-fc.so
>>>
>>> Today flags. tomorrow geography? Next week a language? Next year a culture?
>>
>> 1) The first is a picture of an island, it has no official designation
>
> In that sense, a flag is just "a mixture of colours", it has no official designation.

If you're arguing that level of semantics, I'm not sure why we're bothering
to continue to have discussions.

> Funny how you did not comment to the part on DNSSEC keys of the Taiwan situation,
> the one that actualy refers to me as a maintainer of dnssec-conf, and which
> could be a real life scenario that goes beyond pictures of flags.

As I said - it's a matter of trade-offs. I doubt that one would
be worth it.

Bill