Package Maintainers Flags policy

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 22 20:17:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 20:04 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:

> 2: Would our main Sponsor, suffer financially.
> As a result of inclusion of certain flags?

As far as Red Hat is concerned, a complete "no flags" policy in Fedora
would benefit Red Hat as it would save work removing flags from packages
at the Red Hat stage. The policy previously approved by FESCo would not
have helped Red Hat much, as Red Hat's policy is "no flags", and the
previous FESCo policy was substantially different, so significant
changes would still have been needed at the Red Hat level.

However, Red Hat isn't going to take its ball and leave if Fedora
doesn't approve a 'no flags' policy, it would just have to work a bit
harder.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey