Re: In which country should Fedora be legal?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:55:36PM +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:58:38PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think that the flag policy is the wrong way to look at a real issue.
> > First, it tries to solve 2 issues
> > 1. being legal in some countries
>
> It'll very likely become downright illegal in many countries in Europe
> depending on Cibercrime implementations.

I'm glad to report that the Portuguese law proposal[1] which was made by
the Government (who holds absolute majority in the Parliament) is quite
more sensible that it would be expected.

There's a few problems with whether research is effectively forbidden in
certain areas or not, but all things considered... it's not the disaster
it could be (and was in some places).

Rui