Re: unowned files and directories

On 23.5.2009 19:46, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Hi!

I now and then check which files on my systems are not owned by any RPM
package. That often turns up a lot's of old and obsolete stuff that
sometimes eats space I'd like to free. During those checks I often find
lots of files and directories that obviously should be owned by some
packages but aren't.

You should contact Michael Schwendt, he has done a lot of work in this -- and IIRC he is still doing periodic checks in this area.

Regards,
Milos