compat c++

Hi,

I was just wondering, if there is a compat c++ compiler package (or
mode) available in fedora. The issue I encountered was that I got a lot
of compiler errors because of strdup() malloc() etc. usages in c++ files
without proper #include <legacy> stuff.
I am not a C++ expert, but I guess that there was a default behavior
change between g++ 3 and 4.
What I did was patching that package to get those #includes but as it
contains a c++ code generator I also had to patch that. Although it
seems to compile now, I still get zillions of "DO NOT CAST char* TO
string YOU FOOL" warnings (wasn't there an option to get rid of them
too?).
Any kind of compat mode would make things alot easier (besides bringing
the developers to write propert C++).

regards

christoph