dependency errors while upgrading from F10 to Rawhide (F11)

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:21:31 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Uwe Kiewel <ml at kiewel-online.ch>:
> [root at alberta ~]# yum --enablerepo=rawhide --disablerepo=fedora update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>  Eg. </metalink>/
> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
> //var/cache/yum/updates/mirrorlist.txt
>

> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
> [root at alberta ~]#

Same here. Updating fedora-release first (the normal procedure) did
not work, showing the very same error. See also bz 494054.

So from f10+updates (downgraded fedora-relase back to the f10 version), I used:
% yum --enablerepo=rawhide upgrade yum fedora-release
and afterwards simply
% yum upgrade
without manually changing any of the repos files.

Maybe that two-step procedure is no longer necessary when yum 3.2.23
hits f10updates. The tickets says it is now in updates-testing.

- Thomas