Re: Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting

Adam Williamson wrote:
when urpmi lists the packages that will be installed as dependencies in
a transaction, those that are suggests rather than hard requires are
tagged as such, so you can notice if a transaction is introducing a
large number of suggested deps you may not necessarily want, and switch
to --no-suggests.

...so long as 'yum update' would tell me:

updating
installing for dependencies
installing for suggestions

:-)

(Which I suppose it would have to, because I'm not thinking of another way to do it that wouldn't be wrong.)

--
Matthew
Sorry, but I can't look into that right now. I'm running low on sacrificial chickens.