Re: Make Fedora 11 use vx800 chipset correctly

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 10:48 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> > Is Fedora planning to make for
> > VIA graphic chipset autoconfiguration utility? It would be very very
> > useful.
>
> Why would we do that when we could just package a version of the driver
> that just works?

Or to put it a different way, we already have a VIA graphic chipset
autoconfiguration utility - it's the driver detection code in the X
server. As an added bonus, it works for lots of other chipsets too! :)

As Adam implied, the openchrome maintainer for Fedora, Xavier Bachelot,
is actually also the main upstream developer of openchrome too, so he
would presumably be aware of this issue - perhaps you could email him
(his email address is in the package info) and see what his take is?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey