gnaughty is a hot babe

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Thu May 28 19:02:05 UTC 2009

On 05/28/2009 01:06 PM, Simon Wesp wrote:
> Michael Fleming<mfleming at thatfleminggent.com>  wrotes:
> MF>  Hm. interesting case.
>
> MF>  I've got no problem with it. Unlike hot-babe there's nothing even
> MF>  remotely resembling depiction here.
>
> personally I am torn between 'go' and 'no-go'
>
> the guidelines says:
> "Content must not be pornographic, or contain nudity, whether animated,
> simulated, or photographed. There are better places on the Internet to
> get porn."
>
> my pro:
> this package is free of pornographic content. hotbabe isn't free of
> this content.

Why quote the guidline if it clearly doesn't apply in this case?

> my contra:
> it helps you to get this stuff.
> An instigator for a murder is guilty like the murderer himself!

Murder is a crime, pornography isn't so this comparison doesn't make much
sense. Also Firefox helps you to "get this stuff" too so if that's a reason
for banning this package then you'd have to ban a lot of other software
from Fedora too.

I don't see much of a controversy here. The package doesn't try to deceive
anyone about it's intentions and doesn't contain any objectionable material
itself.

Regards,
   Dennis