Plans for tomorrow's (20090529) FESCo meeting

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:36:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:33:19AM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>On Thu May 28 2009, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> Well, I have nothing on the agenda for tomorrow's meeting at this
>> point.  Thus, the entire meeting taking place at 17:00UTC in
>> #fedora-meeting will be an open floor, unless someone comes up with
>> something to discuss between now and then :).
>
>There is a proposed Feature that connot be completed because kernel module
>packages are prohibited in Fedora:
>https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtualBox
>
>The Feature Wrangler told me, that the current feature process[0] cannot
>handle this situation, because feature pages hang around until they are
>excepted. But I guess that infiltrating FESCo to get kernel module packages
>back into Fedora is not was is expected to finish the feature. ;-)
>
>So if only FESCo can adjust the feature process, please update it to include
>the case of unfinishable features.

I don't see a problem.

If the Feature owner cares enough to keep proposing it, then FESCo will keep
reviewing it.  Technical items change over time.  Perhaps the VirtualBox
module will make it into the upstream kernel and the Feature will be viable.
Or perhaps a future FESCo will revist kmods.

If the Feature owner doesn't care, then they can delete the page.  Either way,
I don't see what the problem is with having it sit in the FeaturePageIncomplete
category.

josh